Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Boy is 19

Wow, how can that be?  When I met Chaz he was 18 months old, a sweet little toe head who was totally happy all the time.  His Dad and I were dating (I later married his Dad and had my 2 daughters with him).  He was hilariously funny.  He and his Dad used to play video games, only Chaz would have a controller that was not plugged in, he still played with all his heart.

Today he is a 19 year old young man living in Idaho.  His biological mother robbed us of a lot of time with him over the years, but that is water under the bridge.   He knows how much I love him and all his family here in San Diego loves him too.

So fun memories of Chaz.  Lots of trips to the Zoo and Wild Animal Park.  Chaz loved to see the animals and the petting zoo was a favorite for both of us.  The first time I babysat Chaz by myself - I had so little experience with toddlers.  He didn't get his way about something and he banged his head on the floor so hard I thought for sure he was hurt.  I was wrong, he takes after his Father with that hard head in more ways than one.  Another time I took him out to lunch with my Dad and Grandma in Mission Valley at Chili's.  We were in the parking lot when he saw police officers sitting in their patrol car.  He was about 3.  He yelled that the cops were going to shoot him.   I about died.  The kind officers got out of their car and explained the real purpose of the police and gave him some stickers.  I was so embarrassed, it was awesome!  Chaz has been a great big brother to Sam and Haley and they enjoy the time they get to spend with him.  He was always very kind and sweet to them, also very patient. 

These days we don't always agree on everything.  I'm a typical naggy Mom.  I want him back in school, and he is working towards that.  But like any Mom, I want him to be in school NOW.  But also, as a Mom, I have faith he will do the right thing in his own time.   Maybe just not as fast as I would like.

He's a good kid and I love him dearly and miss him a great deal.  Happy Birthday Son.

Love you - Mom

2 comments:

  1. Loved it!

    ~Chaz's hard headed Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember what you went through for years fighting for that boy. He's been blessed to have you in his life.

    ReplyDelete