Friday, September 17, 2010

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

OK, not really, but sometimes it seems that way, and you know in this case I am right.  I said I wouldn't post about the damn feral cats again but here I am.  I caught two of the feral kittens, the only two remaining (not tooting my horn, just saying).  I tamed them and my dear friend Sandi took the siamese looking kitten and named him Miagi.  He is a wonderful little cat and a great addition to their family.  Then we have the other kitten.

We caught her first and she is a dear.  However, she seems to not like other people right at first.  She warms up pretty quick, but not right away.  My mother in law took her first and they didn't get along.  Mom works all day and the kitten and she didn't get along...no one to blame, just not a match and bless her (Mom) for realizing it.  You can't adopt a pet and be unhappy about it.   Plus, I love her (Mom) and don't want her to not like her pet I gave her!!  I'd rather find three homes for one kitten than have a friend or anyone ticked about a cat they don't get along with.

I really love this kitten, she has her quirks, but I get her and she likes me.  No way we can keep her, my cats hate her.  So, I have to find her a good home, which I am happy to do.  I posted her on Facebook and Craigslist.  Several responses on CL, no matches until today.  I emailed back and forth with a nice girl and her fiance interested in little kitty.  They came over tonight to meet her.  Little kitty was an ass!!!  She regresses around other people, but we have seen that she has a wonderful personality when you get to know her.  We explained to these nice people that she would regress etc.  They still wanted her!  We had such a nice conversation, even though I am sure Donald and I came across as total pet dorks.  So these nice people go to take little kitty home and little kitty gets away from them before they get to the car!  Oh no.  We looked for her and didn't find her.

Hours later I heard her crying and she came to me when she saw I had food.  I emailed these wonderful people to see if they still want her despite her terrible behavior.  I left out she bit the hell out of the girl before she escaped.  Bets on if they still want her?

She really is a sweet cat, but for whoever gets her, it will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment