Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Papa Jump

Yep, another birthday blog.  I am really enjoying these birthday blogs.  Hopefully readers are as well.  This birthday blog is for Bob Jump.  Bob, I call him Dad, is the Step Dad of my ex husband.  We take blended families to new levels in this family.  I'm hoping that trend does not continue because it's already pretty tough to follow.

So Dad's birthday is today and I didn't call him.  I'll make that better tomorrow, but at least wanted to get a blog written so he knows I was thinking about him on his special day.  I just had to remind his son to call...I'll have to make sure I get credit for that, but I don't want to call this late.

I met Dad back in 1992 I believe, possibly late 1992.  Anyway, Dad and Mom, welcomed me into their family very quickly.  As an only child with a small circle of family it was a little overwhelming, but it was also great.  I was invited to all family dinners and loved the fun family times.  So one Christmas, most of us kids were married by then, Mom asked for some grandkids.  So we delivered, literally.  I think between all five kids we delivered about 10 grandkids in just a few years.  I think there is a total of like 16 now!

Dad has always been a wonderful babysitter, entertainer and teacher to the girls.  He spent many a weekend on the floor letting babies climb all over him.  We were lucky enough to live right around the corner for a few years so we had fun pool time and lots of frequent visits and dinners.  It was awesome having them so close by.  Sam and Brooke in particular knew if Grammy said no, Papa might say yes!  The girls had him wrapped around their fingers.

When our marriage became difficult Dad was there to help and counsel us.  He was always fair and considerate and guided us that no matter what our kids come first and despite the divorce that is something we have always held fast to.  Thank you for that.

When I married Donald, you graciously attended the wedding and for that I am very grateful.   I value being part of this family.

These days we find our time together is much more limited.  You travel and we know you love that, but we do miss you.  It was great to see you on Halloween.  It was also great to see you at the service for your Mom.  She will be missed, I always loved her sense of humor and tell it like it is way.  Anyway it was great to see your siblings and all the cousins.  We need to find happy reasons to get together, like your Birthday!!  But I hear you are in AZ.  So have fun on your travels and I hope you had a wonderful Birthday!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment