Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Renee it's Your Birthday

Hi long lost Cousin, it's your Birthday.  Renee was born after me, to my Mother's Brother Gary and his wife Kathy.  I think Renee might be named after me, but I can't be certain.  My middle name is Rene, hers first is Renee.  Our Mom's are gone, so I can't verify that.  Her Dad and my Mom were Brother/Sister.

Renee is a few years younger than me and I recall being very pleased to have a cousin.  I loved spending time with Renee when she was a baby, but our families did not get together often.  I have few memories of Renee when we were little.  I do recall our other cousin Dustin being afraid of us, he was right in between in age.  Renee has a Brother Dave, younger.  I recall very little from their house, but I know their Mom left when they were young.  I don't  know the circumstances, I was way too young.  I know Uncle Gary married Pam, and she seemed so wonderful.  Perceptions of step parents can vary.....don't I know it....another blog.  Thank goodness I had wonderful ones, and I hope I am a good one.

Their Dad married and I had little contact for years.  Some of that was just family crap, some the fact that we really didn't talk, some other things.  As an only child of an only child, I missed having cousins readily at hand.  Our families had their issues.   There were many years when we met at the holidays and it was awkward at best.  Talk about feeling like the red headed step child....and remember, I found out this grandparent passed away from the ice cream lady.

OK, but Renee, my only girl cousin.  I know you are not having fun these days.  I know you are not my biggest fan.  I can tell you only one thing.  I speak the truth.  I know exactly where you are at.  I know how to pick you up from where you are.  You can either continue in your victim mode, or you can rise above it and rescue your children and yourself.  The choice is yours and you can make 1000 excuses, but you have ALL THE POWER.  Renee, stop being a victim.  You can do anything you want if you just quit fighting everything.  I love you and wish you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment