Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm an Excellent Driver

I’m sitting here on the couch with my 14 year old that is sick, reflecting on my day. She, Sam, spiked a crazy fever tonight after a week on steroids for asthma and antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection. Nine days into this and she spikes a major fever. She’s sleeping next to me on the couch. I wanted her close to me.

I had no idea my day would wrap up like this. Of course, like everyone else, I can’t predict how my day will play out. I guess if any of us could we might never leave the house. I have a bit of a soda habit these days. After taking the kids to school I head to McDonalds for my extra large Diet Dr Pepper. This morning was no different, except….after procuring my soda, I turned out of the drive thru only to hear the horrible sound of the side of my new car being, what I thought was, destroyed.
Now see, here is where you need some history. The streak I thought was over started years ago when I had my mini van. Some knucklehead backed into my side door with my girls in the car. No injuries, his family paid for the damage. My next car was a Camry SE, very cute, V6, black, OK cute for a MILF car. I had multiple incidents in that car, the last of which involved a BobCat Dozer, an illegal alien, and a prolonger repair process. My next car was a new Camry Mom edition. No V6, very boring. In the second week of owning the car I was rear-ended on the freeway. Then each corner of the front bumper was munched and I know some other crap happened, but I can’t recall right now. I had to get out of that car. So we got the new car…the one I destroyed this morning.
So I pulled into the parking lot, knowing the car was jacked. As I got out of the car I debated calling Donald before or after or during the time I saw the damage. I decided not to call at that time. I got out of the car. The drive thru girl was hanging out of the window. Oh lord I felt lame. So I walked to passenger side of the car and was amazed. It appears that the plastic wrap around bumper was disengaged, but bounced back prior to cracking and the only sign of an issue is the seam where the clip is bent. I think it can be totally fixed, easily. I told the hubster about it late in the day. Guess he’s been around long enough to know I am a chick driver. I hate that.

But then you come home and you see what’s really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment