Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Annie

Hello friend, it's been a long time.  I miss you.  Life has gotten in the way of our friendship and I regret that.  I was sitting here in my living room, on my laptop, on Facebook and I realized your birthday was any second.  I don't like that I suck at sending cards, but I do.  I probably won't get any better.  However, please know I think of you all the time.

We met 22 years ago, how crazy is that?  I was a timid apartment tenant with a crazy neighbor and we met as a result of our conquest to get the kooks kicked out.  Thank goodness for the kooks, because we are a match made in heaven.  Two hilarious, independent, motivated, responsible and accountable females looking to make their mark in the world in some way.

I always admired your independent spirit, your work in school and willingness to slam a kamikaze.  Wow what good times we had.  Remember Gene at the bar?  What the heck was the name of that bar?  We had some good times. 

I hated you moving away to Irvine, but I understand.  Remember when we came to visit and we played Balderdash, and I was 8 months pregnant and had multiple accidents on your dining room chairs?  You've had a baby since then, so you probably pee on stuff now! 

I could go on for hours about my memories.  Point being, I miss you friend.  We need to make time for calls and emails.  Your son is a total sweet pea and I love that he has brought you such joy.  Love you.  Happy Birthday friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment