Sunday, March 27, 2011

Update on Life

I'm so bad about keeping in touch with the ones I care about.  I tell myself I will get better when school is over.  I hope I'm right.  Life has been so crazy.  I used to think things would be easier when the kids got older....I was wrong.  Not that I am complaining.

For anyone who does not know, I have been back to school with only one month off since February of 2009 in order to earn my BA - finally.   I finished a class today, I have only three left, and I graduate in May.  I have a 3.7 GPA and I am damn proud.  Now, I sure as hell should have done this 20 years ago, but better late than never.  I am fortunate that I can accomplish all the school work I need to nights and weekends, leaving me free to work away!

So we had a great success with The Vagina Monologues.   I am fortunate enough to be on the board of Bella Luna Educational Foundation.  The second annual production of The Vagina Monologues was great.  A wonderful group of 12 women on stage sharing this amazing experience.  We raised funds for three non profits in San Diego and brought violence against women and children into light. 

My next endeavor is the Relay for Life cancer walk.  I'll be posting on Facebook soon enough.  I am sure my friends are tired of all my causes, but I live for them.

So in the house this week, we had some turmoil.  Last Saturday night we were in the ER vet with Parker for an allergic reaction to a bug bite or bee sting.  A couple days after that one of the guinea pigs (Winnie Pig) died and just days after her burial, the damn fish died.  Enough already.

We decided to end the week on a good note.  Sam has her friend Carol over, Megan has Sara Rose, Haley has Sydney and Melody, and all are sleeping now!  I have a week off of school!  We had a great dinner.  I tried a new recipe.  Megan's team won their volleyball tournament. 

I think I can relax and take a breath.  I'm sure it won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment