Sunday, February 6, 2011

Adina's Birthday

Hello friend.  I hear you have a birthday coming, and yes I know you are younger than me. It seems everyone is these days.   In my mind I justify that fact by knowing my kids will be long gone before I am near 50.....and yours won't.  In your defense you had a lot of fun and adventures before you had kiddos.  We didn't do that, so we feel compelled to do so as soon as they get the hell away from us.

We have wonderful memories of you both.  Heath, I must omit your ass in these memories.  When we all started going to the river we had such fun.  The week we had theme dinners was so fun, and when Adina yelled, "and Gators too" to the senior "security" force we all lost it.

What about the time that Donald used your BBQ, not knowing the propane had been running for 20 minutes.  He lit the BBQ and all his arm and face hair on fire at one, while following Heath's directions...while simultaneously sharing the spotlight of Adina flying out of the trailer, missing 2 steps with Lily the poodle in tow.  Adina landed perfectly, while saving her pup.  It was impressive.  Donald's burns pailed in comprison....although he was pretty freaked,

No comments:

Post a Comment