Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lifelong Friend

Kelly, it's your birthday blog!  Now you are 40 just like me....in a few days.  I felt the need to write your blog early. Sorry, I had to do it.  I have a very close friend who turned 40 6 months before me and I had to give her heck too.

Our parents were friends before Kelly and I came along.  Our Dads worked at Pacific Bell long before we were even thought of.  Our Moms and Dads became fast friends and Kelly and I have been friends from the beginning.  We have pictures of us in bikinis at the beach from 1972 to prove it!

What wonderful memories I have of our childhood!   Remember singing in your parents big room to Funkytown?  Remember when you came to spend the night at my house for the first time and you whimped out late at night?  Remember the days your Mom took us to La Jolla Shores, and the sunburns?  I loved our camping trips in my grandparents RV with our parents.  You may not recall but one time our Dad's had my Mom convinced that there was a lake outside of Las Vegas that had native beavers that had just one eye and swam in circles.....my Mom was so gullable.  I always loved staying over at your house because your parents were so cool.  Mine probably were too, but other parents always seem better.  I can say that now because I am a parent. 

We lost a few years but I am so glad we have come full circle.  I was so happy to have your shower for you when you were pregnant with Michael and we reconnected.  Facebook has made it so much easier!  I love your updates and really like our getaway lunches. 

Happy birthday super mom, wife, teacher, doer of all things, the glue that holds your family together, organizer goddess, driver, carpooler, soccer mom, little league mom, trophy orderer, herder of parents who act more like cats than parents, party planner, money manager, maid, cook, pooper scooper, butt whiper, nose blower, kleenex giving, photographer, comfort food maker.....I know there is more you do.....the point is.....you do it all!  And you rock!  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment