Monday, April 18, 2011

Gratitude

A good friend of mine recently challenged her Facebook friends to find 1000 things they were grateful for.  That is a tall order.  I'm up for it, but for now, I think I'll find 100 and see where we can go from here.  Honestly this is in some order, but not "the" order.  So if you find yourself further down the list than you think you should be, don't sweat that stuff.  Some of the gratitude is very much in the moment as well, and therefor less big picture.  1000 will be way more granular, and I may never get there!  I'm at 30 and strgguling between big picture and granular stuff and how to rank them.  Wow how can I be so grateful and have such a tough time with this.  I'm still having trouble with big picture like family versus teeny picture like my kid....And I am at 48.  Going between 48 and 1000 where do you draw the line between I love my family and I am grateful there are no bugs in my bed?  For the record I am grateful there are no bugs in my bed even if it is at line 48ish.  I don't mean to make light, but where do you draw the line?  I think it is tough and I think my friend that made the challenge would have the same challenge.  Back to my work.  OK I gave up in the 70's.  1000 is HARD.

Quiet peace


Silence of my mind (more of a want that gratitude)

Freedom

Freedom of religion

The Military

Super intelligent people who need to find a way to lead

Love from my loves

Love that has no limits

www.suzannecoleman.blogspot.com

Well DUH of course I like my blog

My oldest daughter

My middle daughter

My youngest daughter

My son - even if he is angry with me

My fantastic supportive husband

Most of the kids seem to like me

Many wonderful friends

My wonderful parents

The connection I have with my Dad

The best Mother in Law

Friendly relationships

Sweet Parker Puppy

Nice kitties

Memories

Faith, even if I struggle

Peace, and the hope for less restlessness

Shared plans for the future

Time away

That I will graduate soon

My girls have good friends

Sports for the girls

Good grades for the girls

My good grades!

The opportunity to earn my degree

My work opportunities

Being uncomfortable because that's how I grow

Pajamas

Blogging as an outlet

Memories of grandparents, esp Papa

Gardening in my yard

Indoor home improvement

I graduate in May

I graduate with my best friend

Home/House

Resourcefulness

Kids that can do chores (finally)

OK, I love my Blackberry - it's not right but it is

Favorable tax returns

Outlook

Keywordmixer.com

Facebook

Blog sites that I like

Loud music when I am in the mood

The River

Vacations oh I miss you

Laughing with my vacation family

SNL - Some seasons

When my kids are successful

Technology

Learning new stuff

Love that I hate new home sales in 2011

My Starbucks thermal drinks

Fox news - Just saying

CNN - to be balanced

Sabrina - the movie

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

John Belushi

John Candy

Chris Farley

Phil Harrman

Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake - My Dick in a boc

Andy Samberg

Toonces the Driving Cat


Gratitude is so critical.  I don't know that I "get it" entirely, and I struggle sometimes, but I know it's all about wanting what you have than having what you want. 

I didn't get near 1000.  Share your comments.

Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you REALLY like Saturday Night Live! LOL. 100 is hard. I'll have to try it tonight when I'm done writing at this coffee shop. There's one thing I'm thankful for right there - my husband watching the kids so I can go to this coffee shop to write. 99 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell you on everything you said! But in the grand scheme of things...I think maybe there is no line...we should be grateful for 'everything' even the fact that there are no bugs in our bed...because somewhere out there...someone is wishing they didn't have bugs in their bed. I know what you mean though. I challenged myself to write in a journal one thing I was grateful for, I go in it from time to time, but I have never been consistent with it. It's not that I'm not grateful. I found myself writing about the same thing, my family. Great challenge, I know you can make it to 1000!

    ReplyDelete