Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Relay is Over and Other Stuff

Wow, another year, and another successful Relay. The team won first place in fund raising, but it was successful for many other reasons. One of those reasons is new team members. We added several new survivors and honoring them is really what it's all about. Of course there is the research funding and everything else, but seeing all of those people that have fought their battles is so inspiring. Another reason it was great is that a few people have expressed an interest in joining the team for next year.

Another reason is Rosa's family. If you read my blog, you know we lost Rosa recently to a battle she fought with unbelievable grace and dignity. Rosa's sister and brother in law came from out of town. Her Mom was there as well as her wonerful husband and boys Noah and Kaleb. They could have just come for the experience, but these amazing people dug in, helped out, walked a heck of a lot and were just as gracious as they could be. We had a beautiful picture of Rosa and our team wore flowers for Rosa. Just amazing people. I hope they come next year.

So what else, well, changes...the one constant as they say. My jobs have changed, some are gone, others slowed down so I find myself having to get creative yet again. I'm learning about local search and Google Analytics, which I am finding I love. I know, I am a nerd, it's OK. I am also heavily into learning more about social media, another topic I find fascinating. Hopefully with some creativity I can put all of these skills together with the other good stuff I can do and find more things to do that I love. I'm also launching the notary business officially. So far I have registered a domain name, have a logo in progress and have listed the business in a ton of local search - so that skill may just be paying off now! I have a super lame website in development....wish I were a little more nerdy in that arena!

That's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment